Twin City Photo Club Photo Competition
September 19–21, 2014
Twin City Photo Club is hosting its 7th annual Photography Competition between September 19 — 21.
1. Best of Bristol; Festival/Event; Landscape/Plant; People; Animals; Inanimate; Altered Image; Youth
(age 17 and under). *Black and White images may be entered in these categories.
2. Altered image is defined as any image which adds content, removes content, merges images, or applies a filter that could not have been added in front of the lens.
3. Photos may be entered in any category for which they qualify.
1. This competition is limited to amateur photographers only, amateur being defined as a person that derives less than 25% of his or her income from sale of photography.
2. All photos should reflect life in our mountain empire region, and must have been taken in the state of Tennessee, Virginia, North Carolina, Kentucky, or West Virginia.
3. Entrants may enter up to 5 photos in each category, not to exceed 10 total entries.
4. The entry fee is $5.00 per print. All fees are nonrefundable*.
5. Print image must be 8 x 10 matted to 11 x 14, OR, 8x12 matted to 12x16 and mounted on a firm backing, such as foam board or cardboard. Mats must be white, cream, gray or black, and must be rectangular window mats; no geometric shapes will be accepted. No frames, hangers, or glass will be accepted, and inadequately constructed mats and/or mounting boards will disqualify the entry. TOP or UP must be indicated on the back of the mounting board if there is a question about the orientation.
6. Each photograph must be titled. "Untitled" is not acceptable.
7. Identical photographs cannot be entered in different categories, even if altered.
8. Photos that have been publicly published on social media cannot be entered.
9. Photos that have won in previous years cannot be entered.
TCPC will attempt to exhibit all entries, but we reserve the right to decide which entries will be displayed in the event that space limitations do not permit displaying all entries. No photograph will be accepted that is deemed offensive to the morés of the community, as determined by Twin City Photo Club.
RECEIVING OF ENTRIES
Entries will be received only at 36 Moore Street, Bristol, VA. on Saturday September 13th, 2014 from 10 AM till 2 PM. No mail-in entries will be accepted.
Category First Place Award
Best of Bristol Rosette and $125
Festival / Event Rosette and $125
People Ribbon and $50
Animals Ribbon and $50
Inanimate Ribbon and $50
Altered Image Ribbon and $50
Landscape / Plant Ribbon and $50
Youth Rosette and $125
Best of Show will receive a Rosette and $200.00
Second, third and honorable mentions in each category will receive ribbons.
THE DECISIONS OF THE JUDGES ARE FINAL
ANNOUNCEMENT OF WINNERS AND SHOWING
There will be a reception for the entrants on Thursday, September 18th at 36 Moore Street, Bristol, VA. from 5:30-7:30 PM, during which time winners will be announced.
Entries will be displayed at 36 Moore Street, Bristol, VA. for the duration of the festival.
*Entries must be picked up Sunday, September 21st between 3:00-5:00 PM at 36 Moore Street. Any entries not picked up at this time will become property of Twin City Photo Club, and will be disposed of. Entries must be claimed by the owner of the photographs.