Christmas Candy Contest
Bristol Public Library is hosting its First Annual Christmas Candy Contest on Tuesday, December 12, at 4:00 p.m.
BPL is looking for the sweetest treats in the Tri-Cities, and they want to know your favorite holiday recipe! For the contest, BPL will accept entries under the categories of Hard Candies, Soft Candies, Hand-Dipped Chocolate, Molded Chocolate, and Fudge. There will be prizes for each age group (child, youth, and adul) in each category, as well as a People's Choice Award.
Interested participants can pick up a contestant entry form at the Reference Desk at Bristol Public Library or receive a copy by emailing Ambrea at firstname.lastname@example.org. Entry forms should be returned on or before December 12, 2017, at 3:30 p.m. Submissions returned after 3:30 p.m. will not be accepted. Contestants who submit their entry forms early must arrive by 3:45 p.m. in order to turn in their candy for judging.
- Each contestant should fill out an entry form in its entirety. Incomplete applications or candy contest submissions without an application will not be accepted.
- Entry forms should be returned on or before December 12, 2017 at 3:30 p.m. Submissions turned in after 3:30 p.m. will not be accepted.
- Contestants who submit their entry forms early must arrive by 3:45 p.m. to turn in their candy for judging.
- Each contestant should submit approximately 30 individual pieces of candy (depending on size) to be split between 3 judges and distributed to other contestants and guests to sample.
- Samples should be submitted on two non-returnable dishes. One dish should contain 5 pieces for judging; the second dish should contain the remaining pieces of candy for other contestants and guests to taste for the People’s Choice Award.
- Recipes must be printed on back of the contestant’s entry form or attached on an additional sheet of white paper.
- Recipes are subject to be printed in library publications or on library website. If a contestant does not wish their recipe to be published in any form, please notify the library on your entry form.
- Library staff and relatives of judges may not participate in the candy contest.
- Other rules and restrictions may apply. For more information, please contact Ambrea at Bristol Public Library at 276-821-6147.